Piccuta Law Group Year-In-Review: Ten Most Notable Achievements of 2019
It is hard to believe that 2019 is already over. Piccuta Law Group had several notable achievements throughout the year. Some of those achievements are listed below:
1. Attorney Charles “Tony” Piccuta achieved a Martindale Hubble rating of AV Preeminent. This rating is considered the gold standard in the legal profession. The rating is only obtained through a rigorous peer review process. It is the highest rating possible and represents excellence in legal ability, ethics and competence. The firm’s clients may continue to rest assured that they are hiring the best legal representation possible.
2. Piccuta Law Group took on several new clients and interesting cases. Those cases include: a dental malpractice case for a minor, an intersection car accident case for an active military soldier, a police excessive force case against the City of Clovis Police Department, a premises liability case for an injured minor, a malpractice case for a botched wisdom tooth extraction, a wrongful tasering case against the City of Salinas Police Department, a car accident case resulting in surgery and a highway rear-end crash case.
3. The injury attorneys at Piccuta Law Group agreed to help new clients with a variety of serious injuries. Some of those injuries include: a wrist tendon dislocation requiring multiple surgeries and hardware; a displaced forearm fracture requiring surgery and metal plate; a cervical disc herniation requiring a discectomy and cage; a facial laceration requiring stitches; a dental injury resulting in facial paralysis with malunion of a broken jaw requiring mouth wiring; a complete patella tendon rupture; a traumatic brain injury resulting in sustained cognitive impairment; a spinal injury requiring a four level fusion surgery; a broken hip requiring surgery with hardware; concussions; and cervical, thoracic and spinal strains.
4. Our car accident attorneys settled a rear-end car accident case resulting in a cervical spinal injury for $380,000. The client was rear-ended at a low rate of speed and eventually underwent surgery. The client, who was a retired professional rodeo rider, had a history of spinal problems and previous injuries. His medical treatment following the crash had several gaps. Whether or not his need for the cervical spinal surgery was caused by the car accident was heavily contested.
5. Our civil rights attorneys settled a police excessive force case against a Monterey County Sheriff Deputy for $600,000. The client claimed that the deputy wrongfully entered the client’s property and used force on him simply because he told the deputy he could not enter. The firm alleged that the client would have future wage loss and the need for future surgery.
6. The Piccuta Law Group settled some other notable cases including a case against an Oakland bar for $195,000. The firm alleged that the bar was negligent in its security including in its training and supervision of its bouncers. The firm also settled a case against a Monterey doctor for medical malpractice for $150,000. The firm claimed that the doctor failed to train or oversee his staff which caused a serious laser burn to the client. The accident attorneys at the firm also settled several car accident and motor-vehicle crash cases for varying amounts.
7. The Piccuta Law Group joined the Better Business Bureau. Due to the firm’s long and rich history of client and customer satisfaction, it received an A+ rating.
8. Piccuta Law Group sponsored Monterey High School athletics by becoming and advertising sponsor of its football program.
9. Piccuta Law Group joined the Monterey Chamber of Commerce. The firm believes in supporting small and independent businesses. The Monterey Chamber is an advocate for the local economy and all the small businesses that are located on the Monterey Peninsula.
10. Piccuta Law Group received more five-star reviews on Google and Yelp. Unlike other law firms and businesses, Piccuta Law Group only collects authentic google and Yelp reviews after it performs services for clients. Piccuta Law Group has consistently enjoyed a five-star rating every year it has been in business. Client reviews speak strongly as to the hundreds of satisfied clients the firm has helped over the years.