Piccuta Law Group-2016 Year In Review
It is hard to believe that 2016 is nearing an end and that 2017 is on the horizon. 2016 was an amazing year for the Piccuta Law Group. Below is a recap some of the firm highlights and accomplishments over the past 361 days.
- Charles Tony Piccuta was selected to Super Lawyers for the 4th consecutive year. Selection by Super Lawyers is an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. Less than 2.5% of attorneys in Northern California receive this distinction.
- Charles Tony Piccuta became a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California. The Consumer Attorneys of California is the strongest and largest Plaintiff side attorney network in California.
- Piccuta Law Group expanded its civil rights and police misconduct/excessive force practice. The firm filed two new police brutality lawsuits in federal courts in Arizona and California and undertook representation of clients in several other similar cases.
- Piccuta Law Group launched a new television advertising campaign. The commercials succeeded in introducing the firm to new clients and vice versa.
- A police excessive force lawsuit filed by the Piccuta Law Group in Fresno County garnered extensive media attention. The case was covered by local media outlets there including newspapers, television and radio stations.
- The Piccuta Law Group settled a police excessive force lawsuit for $650,000.00 for a client who was beaten by cops. The client sustained no permanent injuries and his medical expenses were less than $2,000.
- Charles Tony Piccuta attended a prestigious trial college in Phoenix, Arizona. The 2016 class was limited to less than 50 trial attorneys.
- Charles Tony Piccuta joined the Arizona Association of Justice. The Arizona Association of Justice is the strongest and largest Plaintiff side attorney network in Arizona.
- The Piccuta Law Group settled and resolved multiple personal injury, motor vehicle accident and civil dispute cases. The Piccuta Law Group also assumed representation of new clients in several similar matters.
- Charles Tony Piccuta completed two Olympic distance triathlons.
- Piccuta Law Group expanded by opening a new office in Scottsdale, Arizona. The office was opened due to the firm’s increasing caseload and presence there.
- Charles Tony Piccuta joined the National Police Accountability Project. The non-profit organization is comprised of plaintiffs lawyers, law students and legal workers who are dedicated to ending police misconduct and law enforcement abuse of authority.
- A Ninth Circuit appeal filed by the Piccuta Law Group was scheduled for oral argument in February of 2017
As you can tell, the Piccuta Law Group had quite a year. The Piccuta Law Group would like to thank its clients for making 2016 a great year and for entrusting us with their most important matters.